Let it Snow! And it Did!


Well, the weather this year as been a bit different.  Not only here in Texas but in other parts of the country too.  We don't usually have snow on Christmas.  I think I can remember maybe two or three times in my lifetime.  But it is usually cold around Christmas.  This year it was warm. Very warm.  It was in the upper 70s and the day after Christmas it was in the 80s which with the rain front that came in caused tornadoes in the Dallas area (Garland and Rowlett to be specific) which is about 60+ miles from us.  And then the colder wind blew in with more rain on Sunday and sometime last night or early this morning in Weatherford and surrounding areas, it turned to snow! Now if we'd waited a couple of days to celebrate Christmas like I suggested, we would have had a white Christmas! Ha, ha. It has warmed up today to above freezing. And with the warmer ground/roads, the snow has melted off of the roads and driveways, which is how I like snow.  Still pretty and white on the trees, grass and rooftops but you can drive if you want.  Keep in mind that in Texas we don't like to drive on snow or icy roads!  We don't have the tires, snow plows and such to clear up the roads and it can be very dangerous in certain areas.  But melted roadways and pretty snowy scenery is really very nice.

So for my blog post today, I thought I'd share an extra card that I made on Christmas Eve. Actually I made 4 or 5 of them.  I kept them very flat to make them easy to mail and I didn't add any sentiment in case they would be needed for after Christmas or for late holiday mailings.  The snowman is stamped with another new stamp I bought at Michael's for 60% off, colored with my Copic markers and I used a dryer sheet (must be a used one) over the image and ultra fine glitter to make it pretty and snowy.  It's a winter card look that I really like! The patterned paper that I used is from one of the 6x6 paper pads that I was using on other cards that I made this season.

I know I haven't blogged since....Christmas Eve? The Eve before Christmas Eve? The day before that??  I guess I went AWOL for a few days or a week.  I do that often during the holidays.  I sort of unplug from the internet.  Well not totally but almost and tend to not blog nor do much Facebook nor checking of my emails during that time.  I also don't craft much while on "holiday."  But I did start on a new project over the weekend.  I only spent a few minutes on it and haven't finished it yet. It was supposed to be a new Christmas canvas to hang on the wall with my Santa one that I made last year but I couldn't find a Christmasy image that I wanted to use so decided to make it a snow/winter one and went with some papers that I've had for a couple of years.  I hope to finish this tonight or tomorrow morning and share it on the blog.  I'll check the paper collection and let you know the name of it then.  I'm thinking that maybe it was a Bo Bunny collection but don't hold me to that, okay?

Here's how it looks so far on my crafty table this afternoon.  I watched a tutorial on how to make a canvas into a window scene and I'll share the link and name of the designer of the original idea in my post tomorrow. I went with a rectangle canvas vs the square one that was used in the tutorial. I need to finish adding "wood" paper to the front edges and an acrylic window pane plus some snow to finish it off.


So that's my snow inside my crafty room and here's the snow that we have outside! This is a view in our backyard with the hammock still in place among the trees. We ended up with 3" of snow that was supposed to be 1" or less and not stick.  It's still out there and probably will be for several days!


Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts