Woodland Winter Shadowbox


I got my shadowbox canvas finished this afternoon! Love how it turned out!  I followed a tutorial video  by  Vicky Papaioannou on how to create a Mixed Media Shadowbox from a canvas.  For mine I used Bo Bunny's Woodland Winter Paper collection.   My canvas is an 8x10 size and the scene is created inside the back of the canvas.  And a window is created with acrylic transparency and the wood "paper" from another collection in my stash.  The snow on the window and inside the shadowbox is created with Prima's Snowflake Paste and I added bits of sparkly fronds cut from full size sprigs that I had in my stash too.  The flower is a Prima that I re-sized and added the Bo Bunny Sugar Glitter Paste.

In this next photo, I think that you can see that there is a space between the acrylic window pane and the back of the shadowbox.


This was really fun to create and didn't take very long.  I think these would be beautiful for any occasion and it's possible that you might be able to incorporate this onto the cover of an album.  Hmmm.....may have to give that a try.


I'm starting my December Tutorial Series on my YouTube Channel later today (most likely this evening by the time the video uploads).  I'll be showing how I alter a Composition Book to create a planner or journal book.  I'm thinking that it will be a three or four video series.  The first video shows the supplies you will need to create the project.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts