More Christmas Cheer for Throwback Thursday


Tis the season to be busy, busy, busy.  Thank goodness for Throwback Thursday as I have had no time to craft.  Well, I take that back--I did quickly make some gift boxes this afternoon so I could get some Christmas gifts in the mail.  Didn't even have time to take a photo of them!  But I really like making my own little boxes for light weight gifts.  I used Christmas scrapbook paper so of course, no wrapping is required.  Just tie a bow around them and you are done.  Anyway, today's craft photo for Throwback Thursday is a card that I made several years ago. Actually I created it and posted it in February 2012 for an ABC Christmas challenge.

Here's what I had to say in 2012 on how I created this card:
There’s lots of distressing stuff going on with this card.  I’ll try to share what I did.  First, I picked the Bo Bunny Blitzen Collection 6×6 papers. I used the “Christmas words” printed paper and cut it into strips following the design of a MoJo Monday sketch. Then I cut a coordinating large dots paper for the first layer over the strips.  I lightly sanded the edges of that paper and then distressed it with “Walnut Stain” Distress Ink (Tim Holtz by Ranger).  Next, I cut out a square of the printed paper that had the reindeer so that it would be the centerpiece of the sketch.  I sanded the edges of that too (I use a Bazzil sander) and distressed it with “Pine Needles” and “Walnut Stain” Distress Ink (Tim Holtz by Ranger).  THEN I used Ranger Distress Crackle paint in Clear Rock Candy and painted the reindeer so that he ended up with a crackled, glittery, distressed, vintage look.  I also distressed the edges of the entire card and the tag with the distress inks.  I added a beautiful ribbon/bow using a gorgeous sheer green with blue edge May Arts ribbon.  “Merry Christmas” is stamped on the tag with an acrylic stamp and attached with red brads.

To take the photo of this card, I nestled it in a Christmas wreath that was stored in the closet of my crafty room.

I know this post is late in the day but that will probably happen more often as we get even closer to Christmas or perhaps there may be no post on some days.  I'm sure you all are super busy as well.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts