Happy Easter!


Spring gives us so many reasons to be happy!  Today started out a bit cold but ended up being a wonderful Spring Easter day here in Texas.  This is a rare Sunday late afternoon blog post! I meant to schedule it for earlier but just didn't get around to it.   Anyway, here's a quick card I made from the Simon Says Stamp card kit I got a few weeks ago.  Since it has Easter eggs, I wanted to share it on or before Easter! It was a pre-printed image on water color paper (including the sentiment).  In the kit, I got a pink Tim Holtz Distress Crayon.  These are new and I'd never used one before and thought this was a good time to give it a try.  I rubbed a bit of the crayon on the background in different places and then used a baby wipe to blend it. The Easter egg balloons, bird, butterfly, flowers and lettering are colored with Copic markers as I didn't feel like digging out the few watercolor markers that I have. The jury (me) is still out on the crayon.  Of course I only have the one color.  Will have to watch a few videos for techniques on how to use it before I decide if I want any or not. One thing I do like is that once you "color" with it, as in the background of this card, it does not rub off.  I matted the image on pink cardstock and then to the white card base, and added a sheer pink ribbon & bow.  It's a quite cheerful card and like Spring...it makes me happy!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts