Have a Great Day!


I was thinking that I would be able to start blogging a bit more regularly now with maybe a post on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. But that didn't pan out this week!  I am working on a few different projects but nothing that I can share yet as they just aren't finished enough.  So here we are on Thursday again with a Throwback Card.  I don't remember when I made this one but I'm pretty sure it was for a challenge and followed a sketch.  I stamped and fussy cut out the bird and butterfly or is that a moth? I think they are from a Tim Holtz set? Colored them a bit with Copic marker and matted them to the card and added Glossy Accent.  I then added the flowers to the branch.  I love the dimension that this card has.

So tomorrow is the big day!  Graphic 45 will make their announcement for their first round picks to continue to try out for their 2016 Design Team.  My expectations are low.  I really don't expect to be picked to move on and I'm okay with that. I've had a look at some of the other entries on their blogs and all I can say is wow! There's a lot of talent out there!! It is amazing what some of them think of and are able to do creatively with the gorgeous Graphic 45 papers! So much detail. I don't think I could ever have the time to do that kind of work.  That and the fact that I don't have a very big "social media" following.  Heck, I don't even do some of the social media things and I don't want to.  It takes away too much of my work and crafty time!  So I have no Twitter and no dedicated Facebook page or some of the other social sites out there.  The ones I do have I find myself participating only a bit or in spurts like my YouTube channel. And social media is one of the requirements for the design team.  So, yeah.  I don't expect to get picked to move on. I'm pretty laid back about the whole thing--if I get picked I'll be thrilled and surprised and if I don't I'll just keep on crafting anyway. Then why did I try out? Because I love Graphic 45 and I love to create with their beautiful papers and I wanted to put myself out there so to speak.  Anyway,  I hope to share some of my newer projects once I get them done in the next few weeks. So check back...

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts