Let's Go Fishin'



We've had lots and lots of rain! I don't know the exact measurement but let me just say...we have a small lake in our backyard with a small river running to it!  We have more rain to come. If we had fish back there, we could just go fishing!  Anyway, I've had this craft project in my mind for over a year now. Actually I started on it and never got it finished.  So last Thursday and Friday I decided to just get it done.  And this is what it ended up looking like.  And of course, I love it or I wouldn't be sharing it with you. Ha, ha.  It's a fishing tackle box made out of chipboard and cardstock and decorative papers.  I mostly used an Authentique paper line that I bought last year with a few "Christmas" (yes, Christmas) Authentique papers from my stash. Of course I used the back sides not the Christmasy sides for this project.

When you open it up, you see a little tray for "lures" and in the lid is a wallet style mini album for those fabulous fishing photos.


The tray lifts out and underneath is another mini album for more of those photos and fishing tales!


Below is the album that is under the tray.  It's tied closed with button twine and opens up to reveal waterfall type pages of various sizes for the photos.



The wallet style album has a string closure and opens up with flaps to the top, bottom and sides.



I am so excited that I got this project finished.  It is currently on display at Flossie Scrapper in Burleson/Joshua, Texas.  We are working out the details for a class in May so you can create one in time for Father's Day!  Yours will have to be in different papers that you will choose that have the colors you like and are masculine enough for a tackle box unless you want one for a girl.  The fishing lures tied to the box and inside the tray will not be included in the class.  I purchased these at Walmart and cut off or removed the barbs and hooks.  There's such a great variety of these at the stores that you'll have no problem finding some that you'll want on your box (or maybe you could "borrow" some from someone.)  What is great about this design (and yes, I designed it myself!), you could make it into a little travel case or a sewing case or a make up case.  It is very adaptable and would be super cute as either one.  I will have a showcase/flip through video of this project on my YouTube channel soon.  Remember, this class will be in May at Flossie Scrapper. Contact the store for more info and to get your name on the list.  (817) 295-7100. I will be sharing in a few days or next week my project for an April class that would be lovely for Mother's Day, a Wedding, Birthday or any occasion.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts