A Basket of Love


Technically this is an Easter card but if you were to forget to send it, it would work for any time because it is sending someone "A Basket of Love."   I've made this card for the Cards  in Envy themed challenge -Paper Strips instead of Ribbon.  And there is NO ribbon on this card! What you see, that you think might be ribbon is, in fact, a strip of dark pink cardstock paper.  I paper pierced the sides and then I decided to make a bow out of the paper strips too.  I then took a piece of natural button thread and colored it with a pink Copic Marker and tied it into a bow and attached it over the paper bow and then added a paper circle that I punched out of the reverse side of the papers I used on this card which happens to be My Mind's Eye "My Girl" 6x6 Designer Paper.  The oh so cute bunny and basket filled with hearts is an acrylic stamp by My Favorite Things called "Basket O Flopsey" and I did a trick that I learned on Operation Write Home.  I cut away  the thin connecting acrylic that was between his ears so I could arrange the ears in almost any position that I wanted and then stamped the bunny.  Oh yes, I paper pieced the basket with another one of the  paper designs  from the 6x6 pad. The bunny and the basket with hearts was colored with Copic Markers.

Copic Coloring List:
  • Bunny R81, R83, R85, Colorless Blender
  • Basket Handle and Trim W1, W5
  • Hearts BG11, BG13, RV06, RV09, Y04, Y06

I'm the co-host for the challenges on Cards in Envy, which is a challenge for cards that are made to fit in a first class envelope.  No lumpy, bumpy embellishments.  We really love the A2 size cards (4.5" x 5.") but square cards are okay as long as they are no bigger than a 5"x5" as bigger than that does cost extra postage.  Our challenges go live on the first and third Monday of each month.  The challenge on the first Monday is always a sketch and the challenge on the third Monday is a theme.  I choose the themes and this time I chose "Paper Strips."  I hope you play along!

Have fun creating, 

Popular Posts