Spring Mini Pocket Album!


Hello everyone and Happy Good  Friday to you!!  Spring officially started on the calendar last week even though some places are still having lots of  cold and snow.  We even had a couple of cold days here in Texas.  Today is Good Friday and Sunday is Easter, so I thought I'd share this Mini Pocket Spring album I've been working on.  It is also for the new challenge over on Digi Haven with a theme of "Spring."  To participate in the challenge you have to use one or more digital stamp images.  I colored up a few of the adorable images from the set the Design Team was asked to use from our sponsor My Grafico.  The mushrooms, snail and dragonfly (on the flowers) were all colored with my Copic Markers and are from a My Grafico  digi stamp set called "Happy Bugs".

Copic Coloring List:
  • Mushrooms YR21, YR24, YR65, R32
  • Snail R00, R01, R02
  • Dragonfly BG0000, BG000, BG01, R81, R83, R85
And now more details on this fun mini album.  There are SIX pages inside and each page has THREE pockets for pull out tags or photo mats.  And each page is made from a 12x12 printed paper sheet, folded to make the three pockets!  I watched a couple of YouTube videos showing this style and one showing how to fold the pages. I jotted down the measurements for scoring and cutting and took that to my craft room and made the pages--really easy but forgot to bookmark the video links! And I have not had time to try to find them again.  But I'm sure if you do a search, you'll be able to find them.  The pages are put into the chipboard cover and spine using a couple of hidden hinge techniques using cardstock and score tape.

I cut the tags that you can see peeking out of the top with a Framelits Die.  I decorated the cover with assorted flowers and rhinestone flourishes.  On the edge, I added a piece of Bazzill paper pleats that I inked with Worn Lipstick and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.  Also on the cover edge, I added Stampin' Up Striped Grosgrain in the Tangerine color (Discontinued) folded it over and added a pink button topped with a big rhinestone.  For the spine, I tied on a pink tulle bow and Hug Snug ribbon in the Forsythia Yellow color that I spritzed and crinkled with Perfect Pearls Mist.  Then I pinned on a Tim Holtz charm holder, key and a pearl and rhinestone charm.  It's hard to see in the photo but I also added Glossy Accent "dew drops" to the mushrooms and the flowers.

Not sure what I will put in the album or maybe I will use it as a gift.  I usually make cards for challenges but I'm trying to master the "hidden hinge" technique and couldn't resist making another album.  I need to make a few more photo mats and tags for the inside pages and will share photos of the inside of the album tomorrow (Saturday) so check back for that and I'll try to find the links to a couple  of the tutorials I watched before creating this album.

Remember, the Digi Haven "Spring" challenge starts today and runs for two weeks.  There is a prize for a random winner from My Grafico.  Just be sure to use a DIGI image on your creation.

Blessings to each of you today and have a Happy Easter weekend!



Popular Posts