Happy Mother's Day


This card is for the Seems a Little Sketchy challenge that goes live today.  I decided to use the "My Spring Garden" digi that I received from one of our challenge sponsors, Robyn's Fetish,  to create a Mother's Day card.  This card will probably be listed in my Etsy shop for sale and because of the stick pins I will recommend that it be given rather than mailed.  I enjoy making Mother's Day cards and each one is made in memory of and to honor my own sweet Mother who passed away nearly two years ago at the age of 94.  I was so blessed to have had my mother for so many years.  I miss her.  I was thinking the other day about my Mother and my Grandmother (her mother) and realized that I inherited my craftiness from my Grandmother.  My Mother was a gardener, outdoor loving lady who was also a very good cook.  But she would admit that she'd much rather mow the lawn or weed a flower bed than to clean house. Me? I'm the opposite.  She did sew and quilt and crochet so I guess she was crafty as well but my Grandmother crafted everything that was current at the time and she would have loved scrapbooking and card making.

Today's card follows the sketch #34  pretty close with the additon of the sentiment, bow and stick pins.  I love this sketch!

For my card, I used a 6x6 Designer Paper Pad by Jillibean Soup called "Grandma's Lima Bean Soup" for the printed papers and some coordinating solid cardstock colors.  While working on the card, I felt a little "disjointed" with the assorted papers even though some of the colors from each where somewhere in the other prints.  I guess that is the way it is with "Grandma's Lima Bean Soup," it has a little of everything in it.  But once I colored the digi image to sort of match the colors of the papers and put it all together, I liked it.  It reminds me of my Mother and Grandmother's quilts!

Here's my Copic Coloring List for the digi image:
  • Skin E000, E01, E11
  • Hair Y08
  • Dress BG11, BG15
  • Hat & Socks R56
  • Shoes W5
  • Flowers R81, R85, Y00, Y02
  • Grass & Leaves G82, G24
  • Background/Sky BG000
Because I printed up the digi image small to fit on the card with the sketch, I used only one color on some of it rather than several for shading as there just wasn't enough room to shade anyway.

Remember the Seems A Little Sketchy challenge runs for two weeks.  We have two sponsors for the prizes and the design team has created some fabulous cards to inspire you.  I encourage you to make a card or two for the challenge and link it up at Seems A Little Sketchy.

Have an awesome day and Happy Crafting!


Popular Posts