Spring Mini Pocket Album, The Inside View



Blessings and Happy Easter to all my friends, family, blog followers, blog readers and crafting buddies!  I will not be doing a blog post tomorrow so I wanted to express my wishes to you today.

Yesterday I shared the outside cover of the Spring Mini Pocket Album I was working on and also stated that I would share the inside of the album today.  After the photos, I will also share a basic supply list for the album as well as a couple of links from where I got the idea.

The photo below shows the  first page with a top tag pulled out.  Each page in the album  has three pockets. And there are a total of 6 pages (twelve counting front &back).  There is one tag on the top of each page and one on the front side and then one on the back side.  Each page is made from a single piece of 12x12 double sided printed paper that is folded to create the page and the pockets.


On the left is the back side of page 1.  The cute paper clips are some I picked up at Walmart, I think, and they are for Smash books.



All the rest of the pages are made the same in regards to the pockets.  I put a "Polaroid" style photo mat on the front side of each page and an die cut oval shape on the back side and added lots of assorted flowers. I loved this idea of the Polaroid mats from Robyn's blog (link to her video is in the list below).  Since I didn't have the cutter and cartridge that she used, I just measured and cut my photo mats to look a bit like Polaroids.  Then I made several mini tags that I cut from scraps of paper in my stash to clip to the photo mats with the Smash book paper clips.











Below is the back and the spine of the album.  I made a "hidden hinge" for the pages and attached that to the covers.  I should have made the spaces a bit wider on the hinge  for the pages so the album could have laid down flatter when closed.  I'm still learning.


And there it is!  My Spring Mini Pocket Album.


Basic Supply List for the Album:

  • Chipboard for the spine, front cover and back cover
  • Six 12x12 double sided printed papers for the pages, I used assorted spring flower prints from my stash, mixed and matched  from  different paper collections 
  • One or Two extra printed papers for the covers & spine, inside and outside
  • Scraps of spring colored prints and solid papers for the tags and photo mats
  • One 12x12 piece of cardstock  and Tyvek material (envelope) for the hidden hinge
  • Assorted flowers, paper and/or silk, for the cover and the inside pages
  • Ribbons, charms, rhinestones and other embellishments such as the digi images I used from My Grafico.
  • Distress Ink (optional)
  • Wet Adhesive (I use Scotch Quick Dry Glue) and Score-Tape
I used many of the ideas from the Pockets and Polaroids Album  and the basic folding/creation of the pages from the following: 
Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts