Merry & Bright



How about a little Christmas cheer?  Are you working on Christmas cards for 2013?  Yeah, I know it's MARCH but even if you only make one a month, you'll have a bit of a head start for the soon to be here holiday season.  I say that because the days on the calendar really zoom by fast.  Anyway,  I design for the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round blog challenge.  It's a monthly challenge so you do have most of the month of March to create a fabulous card for this months theme "Sparkle and Bling."  

I decided to use a Christmas stamp that I received as a birthday gift from a friend.  {Thanks Valerie! I love it!!}  He looks like an old fashioned vintage type Santa so I decided to color him with my Inktense pencils and Gamsol instead of my Copics.

Coloring Medium - Inktense Pencils & Gamosol:
  • Antique White
  • Sicilian Yellow
  • Carmine Pink
  • Felt Green
  • Dark Aquamarine
  • Chinese Ink
For my "Sparkle & Bling" I used Stickles in Crystal, Gold and Christmas Red and lightly added the Stickles by painting them onto the image with a small paint brush.  For the berries I added a bit more of the Christmas Red Stickles.  I also used a glittery snowflake on the tulle bow and tied a pretty red crystal charm just under the bow with the sentiment.

That's my bit of Christmas inspiration for you and I hope it encourages to take the time in March to make a Christmas card (or two), add some sparkle and bling and link it up to the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round challenge!  There is a prize on this challenge for a random winner from all those who link up by the end of March.

Today is a busy day here on my blog!  I'm also posting photos of cards for 2 other challenges that I design for in separate posts as well as one for my own March challenge, so be sure to scroll around and see them all.

Have fun crafting and may your day be "Merry & Bright!"

Popular Posts