Fourth of July Parade for "Picture Day"


The above is a collage of photos that I took back in 2009 at a Fourth of July parade in Granbury, Texas.   I'm pretty sure that was the only time I've ever been to a Fourth of July Parade.  I loved it! But honestly....it's just way too hot in Texas to go watch a parade if it's held after 8:00 a.m or in the afternoon.  I remember at this one that we managed to snag a spot in the shade but there was no breeze and the temperature climbed quickly!  If we are in town, we always drive over to Granbury Lake for the annual Fourth of July fireworks show.  It's in the evening of course, though we do have to go a couple of hours early to get a good spot but we take picnic food, drinks and watermelon.  The city of Granbury always puts on on a great fireworks display over the lake.  We'll be there again this year!  I'll probably spend the hot part of the day crafting or cutting kits for my upcoming Circus Wagon class! The fourth is on a Saturday this year--what are your plans for the day?

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts