Photos of Portia Cat for "Picture Day"


Our cat Portia is the perfect model for pet photography.  She will stay almost anywhere I put her and will look at me when I say her name.  I love to photograph her and I have a lot of images of her to prove it!  She doesn’t smile much though.   However, I’m thinking  that if I were not the photographer that she would not be so cooperative.  That’s why when taking photos of cats,  especially when they are not your cat, a zoom lens is sometimes a good thing to have.
These images were taken on a  Saturday afternoon a few years ago.  I’d placed her on one of those round bales of hay in front of an old metal chicken coop.



How many photos do you really need of a cat on a bale of hay?  Portia says “I’m bored with this.  Think it’s time for a nap.”   You know, from a distance she might be a little hard to see on that bale of hay.  She blends in pretty well.


On that same afternoon I found some lovely tree blossoms and iris blooms.  It was a good day for photographing a cat and the flowers were a bonus!  However, I remember that the March winds blowing made it hard to capture good flower photos.


Do you like to take photos of your cat or dog? Some animals hate the camera. Or are flowers more your thing?  That's it for today...

Happy Crafting (Or Taking Photos)

Popular Posts