Galveston's Pleasure Pier for "Picture Day"




It was built  where the former Flagship Hotel  once stood, on the seawall of Galveston Island.  Pleasure Pier was completed and opened for business in May 2012.  We were there Labor Day weekend, September 2012.  Hubby, myself and two dear friends.  I was, of course, the most excited of the four.  Mostly because of THIS--the Ferris Wheel at the end of the pier.

"I see nothing in space as promising as the view from a Ferris Wheel."

~ E. B. White


It was my mission to ride it.  And I did.  Hubby rode it too, though he was not as thrilled as I. Above is one of the views from the top of the Ferris Wheel. It was a very hot afternoon, a Saturday and extremely busy because of the holiday!  I snapped a photo of these refreshing beverages on ice.


The Ferris Wheel was awesome but I was also thrilled to see the Carousel and the gorgeous animals that you could ride, like this zebra.


And this sea monster, at least I think that's what it was...regardless, he was beautiful and I love the color!


Those are a few of the photos from our September 2012 day trip to Galveston Island.  We were staying at the RV park at the Nature Center in Matagorda and drove over for the day.



I've started crafting a little bit.  It's still hard to be in one position for very long with this sciatic nerve and back thing that I've got going on. I'm able to be "up" most of the day and only lying down for an hour or two to ice, heat and nap.  I like the napping part.  I've started Yoga classes and had a private class yesterday. My leg hurt like heck afterwards but it's supposed to be good for me.  I go again on Monday. Tomorrow I'll try to have a crafty project to share!


Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts