Pack Your Lunch for Throwback Thursday


Hello everyone! Today for Throwback Thursday, I was browsing through my YouTube Videos and came across this mini paper bag album that I made out of lunch bags and coin envelopes and thought it was perfect for today's post.

I featured this album on my blog in July 2013, here's a bit of what I had to say about it then....
I work from home (hubby’s construction business office is in our house) and I never have to pack a lunch but for some reason I have brown lunch bags in the pantry which is a good thing because that’s what I used to make this mini album over the weekend.  While browsing the internet, I came across an older post on the Pink Paislee blog featuring a mini album created by one of their designers, Shellye McDaniel.  I loved the look of her album and it inspired me to create this one.  Now, my album has no Pink Paislee product on it (I don’t think) as I created this entirely from scraps of paper that I’ve had for quite some time.  Shellye’s album was made from kraft gift bags and coin envelopes.  I had the coin envelopes but not the gift bags so I rummaged around in the pantry and found the brown lunch bags.  The thickness and quality of the lunch bags is not the greatest but it did work and the edges of them just add to the shabby chicness of my album.  I did stitch the folded lunch bags and coin envelopes in the center with my sewing machine for the binding on this album.  The edges of the bags, coin envelopes and papers were inked with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.

That's it for today.  Tonight I hope to work on my Artisan Style (Graphic 45) mini album for Flossie Scrapper.  I'm way behind on it and plan on getting it done this weekend if all goes well for me.  I'd also like to finish at least one page in my Halloween album for Finish it Friday AND a couple of pages in my Graduation album for the decorating/patterning video for those who took my class a few weeks ago.  Busy? Just a little but I do love to create in my craft room.  I just have to be mindful of my back issues and take a few breaks when needed.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts