Finish It Friday ~ So This Is Christmas Week #1


Back before I started my Thirteen Frights Before Halloween project, I'd selected my Gypsy Flower Wagon and Mini Album as my project for Finish It Friday.  But now that it's November and Christmas will soon be here, I felt more in the mood to finish a Christmas project.  I looked on my shelves and found this project--"So This Is Christmas" (Carta Bella) Photo Frame Keepsake Box and Mini Album. The box is finished (I think--though I might add a few more embellishments later) and the album is constructed but not patterned nor decorated.  Today is my first Friday to work on this so I've titled this "Week #1."  I had to dig around a bit to find the papers that I'd saved for this project.  Luckily it wasn't too hard to locate.  I think I have enough but may add some other paper lines that coordinate well with the Carta Bella "So This Is Christmas" paper collection.

The outside and inside covers of the album were already patterned (no embellishments yet, I'll do that last).


I set to work today to finish the inside front cover and a couple of the pages/flaps.  Here's what I got done...



By the way, this project is constructed from a Kathy Orta King, Paper Phenomenon, tutorial that you can purchase from her website.  It has an unique pocket on the inside covers--it's sealed on the center and you can insert tags, booklets and photos into the top and bottom of the "Pocket." On this one, I also added a belly band created out of the musical note paper and inserted a Christmas List booklet behind that belly band.  This paper line came with a sticker sheet and chipboard stickers which makes it fun to decorate.  On the right is the first page which has horizontal flaps.  In the space between the flaps, I added a matching sticker of "rick rack," some sticker "buttons," button twine and rhinestones.  Inside the pocket behind the flaps I created a large booklet out of the decorative paper.























In the photo above is the flap of page 2.  The Christmas tree is printed on the decorative paper and I added some sticker ornaments and chipboard sticker ornaments to decorate the tree.  You can't see it in the photo, but I used clear Wink of Stella glitter to sparkle up the ornaments.  Then I added a silver glittery ribbon strip made out of scor-tape and ultra fine glitter.















When you open up the flap, you see the full inside of page 2 where there's room for photos and/or letters to (or from) Santa.


And that's it for this week and for this Finish it Friday.  I have lots to do this weekend--crafting on design projects, shopping and such.  I hope to be back Monday with another post.  Until then....

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts