Today is Pie Day!


Yum. This is a chocolate meringue pie! Delicious and Brandy's favorite.  We'll be making pies today.

There will be no crafting going on today and probably not for the next few days. And depending on how my Christmas decorating goes, there may be no crafting until next week!

Anyway, I thought I'd share our Chocolate Meringue Pie recipe.  My Mom always made hers the old fashioned way with cocoa but I like easy and good .  I'm not saying hers wasn't good because it was but THIS is my go to recipe for Chocolate Meringue Pie....

Pie Filling

1 each (4.5 oz) box of chocolate Jello pudding, "Cook and Serve"

3/4 cup sugar

3 egg yolks (save whites for meringue)

2 teaspoons vanilla

2  1/2 cups milk

Mix Jello pudding, sugar, egg yolks and 1/2 cup of the milk in a small bowl.  Pour those ingredients into a pan with the rest of the milk.  Add vanilla. Cook, stirring constantly until it thickens.  Pour into a BAKED 10 inch pie shell.  Cover with the egg whites (see below) and brown in the oven at 350 degrees.  Take out as soon as it browns a little on the tips of the meringue (about 10  minutes) - watch closely as you don't want to burn it!)

Egg Whites (Meringue)

Beat egg whites a electric mixer, slowly add about 1/4 cup sugar. Beat until it forms stiff peaks, then beat in the vanilla.

Happy Crafting and Baking!

Popular Posts