Heartfelt Thanks


Hello! Well, it's November!  I made it through my Thirteen Frights Before Halloween event and only had a few bumps and errors.  I really enjoyed it so much, love how my mini album and book box turned out and appreciate so much all the people who took the time to watch my videos. Those videos will continue to be on my YouTube channel so you can watch them again (or for the first time if you haven't yet) and follow the video tutorial to create your own project.  So, this card is a true "Heartfelt Thanks" to everyone who follows me here and on YouTube and put up with my rambling posts and video babble. Ha, ha.

This card is also for the current Cards in Envy card challenge that starts today.  Appropriately for the first two weeks in November, our challenge theme is "Gratitude"--  thank you cards, gratitude cards and Thanksgiving cards.  And as always, your card must be A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") and flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing.  We'd so love to have you join us if you make cards.

This card was so EASY to make! It would be a great design if you need lots of thank you cards AND you could get the kids and grandkids involved in the making of the leaves.  I've seen this idea a couple of time before and really wanted to give it a try.  To make mine, I thought I had a tree stamp but couldn't find it.  So I punched the tree out with a die on my Big Shot.  The "leaves" are different colors of Distress Ink put on with my pinky finger (that's what kids would be good at).  I then used different layers of cardstock and designer paper and then added a bow that's flat enough for mailing.  Here's a list of the supplies I used:

  • Cardstock, white for the card base and for the background of the tree

  • Cardstock, light brown for the tree and as an accent layer

  • Designer Paper, Authentique 6x6 "Thankful" from several years ago

  • Tree Die, Carta Bella "Spooky Trees"

  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters (green) and Gathered Twigs (brown)

  • Sentiment Stamp, Stampin' Up!

  • Sentiment Ink, Memento Black Tuxedo

  • Ribbon, Celebrate It Fall (Green)

Again, thank you so much for following my blog and YouTube channel.  I hope you have a wonderful week and take time to enjoy the season.

Happy Crafting!



Popular Posts