For My Friend


I created this card a few years ago for a challenge I was designing for at the time--Digi Haven.  I loved this sweet image and colored it with my Copic markers.  I used papers from my stash, some paper flowers and {gasp} felt flowers with buttons. But you know what? I loved this card. Anyway, I know I haven't been showing new stuff lately--I've created new things but they are for my Graphic 45 Design Team assignments.  But you'll get to see the first one on June 23rd here on my blog and on the Graphic 45 blog.  I've also been busy cutting kits for my July class (which is full!) at Flossie Scrapper because I need to get as much stuff done ahead of time as I can since this weekend we're going camping for my annual family reunion and next week we are leaving for our anniversary trip!

And while this card is long gone, I felt the need to post it today "For my friend."  This morning hubby and I attended the funeral of a 39 year old man, Rusty, who lost his battle with cancer. We've known Rusty since he was a kid.  He was born and grew up here in our town and we are friends with his parents.  He also was one of our customers and he would occasionally call me to order a job.  I will miss his cheerful "hello."  His memorial service was very "him" and it breaks my heart for such a young person to be gone way too soon.  He left behind his wife, two children ages 11 and 13, his parents, a sister and many other relatives and lots and lots of friends.  Rest in peace, Rusty. I'm so glad that I was one of the lucky ones to have known you.

Popular Posts