Happy Birthday "All Star"


Today we have a new card challenge over on Cards in Envy!  The theme this time is "No Girls Allowed" which means we want to see Masculine cards--cards for boys or men.  For my card, since this month is the first month of me being a Graphic 45 Designer, I decided to make a card using...Graphic 45!  For a masculine look, I went with the super fun Good Ol' Sport 12x12 paper collection.  I used different patterns from the collection for a layered look and a couple of cutouts. The All Star banner is from the cardstock diecuts pack for that collection.  I added a clock winged key from my stash and a brass brad to the banner.  The happy birthday sentiment is embossed with Wow Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Glitter (love that stuff). The sentiment is from a Lawn Fawn Happy Everything stamp set. I also used a Sizzix die for one of the layers and for the sentiment.  To keep the bow from being too girly, I used a bit of ragged green ribbon and May Arts Button Twine and Jute Twine.  This card is a 5"x5" size but it meets the requirements for the Cards in Envy challenge--any size card, any shape as long as it is flat enough to put in an envelope for mailing.

So that's my crafty creation for today.  I hope you'll join us over on Cards in Envy for this "No Girls Allowed" challenge.  The Designers have created a wonderful bunch of masculine cards to inspire you.

Happy  Crafting!

Popular Posts