Boo! Creepy Graphic 45 Tombstone Box + Coffin Album


If you read my blog regularly, you know that I came up with an idea for a tombstone box and album while hubby and I were at Matagorda on Labor Day weekend and that while I was inside the RV camper one afternoon I designed the prototype out of cardstock but when I got home I created the real piece out of chipboard.  Also while I was in Matagorda, I got the September Graphic 45 newsletter which has a contest to create a Fall/Halloween decor piece out of Graphic 45 paper.  Today is the deadline to get ONE photo or photo collage emailed in.  I just sent my email and the above collage is what I sent.  So now, this will be placed into a photo album on the Graphic 45 Facebook page tomorrow and Graphic 45 Facebook fans will vote (voting closes September 30th) and the winner will receive $100 in G45 product!  So wish me luck and if you like this project, tomorrow or any time before the 30th, go to Graphic 45 on Facebook, like their page and vote for my tombstone and coffin album!  I would  appreciate it so much as I certainly could use $100 worth of gorgeous Graphic 45 papers and stuff. Ha, ha.

Anyway, I had so much fun creating this and decorating it. I used Graphic 45 Rare Oddities and Eerie Tales papers.  My daughter Brandy has already claimed it as hers.  So hers it is.  I hope to find time to make another one (at least the un-decorated version) and do a tutorial on it. But then, I'm still working on finishing the written tutorial on the dog house project. This may be for next Halloween!

I finished decorating the tombstone and Coffin album at the retreat this past weekend and everyone that stopped to look really loved it.  We had a great time at the retreat.  Lots of laughs, good food or rather yummy food. Almost more food than we could eat (there is a dessert for every meal!)  and stayed up late EVERY night or at least I did!  I got home on Sunday afternoon, sat in my recliner and slept for 5 hours and then went to bed! I slept all night too.  It's taken me a few days to get caught up on my sleep. But it was so worth it!  My friend Barb drove us and on the way we stopped by Flossie Scrapper for some supplies and then had lunch at Del Norte Tacos in Godley, Texas.  If you've never eaten there, you should. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.!!  Then we headed to the Compass Centre in Mt. Calm and arrived after 1 p.m. in time to get set up and start crafting before having to stop for dinner.  Julia's next retreat will be in March and we're hoping to go again!  Great atmosphere, relaxing (you could get a massage if you wanted), fun, and super comfy beds with beautiful quilts!  I enjoyed crafting by Barb, Jackie, Anna and Billie who are getting into the papercrafting of mini albums (they've taken one or more of my classes) and with Karen who has taken a class with me but was working on her traditional 12x12 scrapbook layouts for the weekend.

I will be doing a video on this Tombstone/Coffin project for YouTube soon so you can see it better.  The Tombstone was  inspired by a smaller wood version that you can buy at Michael's.  When I say smaller, I mean really, really small.  The Coffin mini album is inspired by a tutorial by Anne's Paper Creations of Norway.

Tomorrow I hope to share photos of my next Finish it Friday project plus finish packing for my classes on Saturday.  For more info about my classes at Flossie Scrapper, click on the Classes tab underneath my header.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts