G45 Christmas Album for Finish it Friday


Well, we arrived home from Matagorda late Tuesday afternoon.  Yeah.  We had a great time and it has made it really hard to get back into the working, crafting, blogging routine.  I've been bad. I have not been in the craft room until last night!  True, I did have a ton of laundry to get done, clean out the RV camper and get caught up on all the office stuff but still...I had things I wanted to craft on but just couldn't find the time or rather I didn't want to make the time. Anyway, last night I did get up there and unpacked most of my craft stuff that I took on the trip with me.  I also did a couple of pages in this Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas mini mini album that I shared with you a few weeks ago as my next Finish it Friday project.  In the photo above is what I got done last night (just a little head start on Finish it Friday).  The chipboard pieces with the rhinestone brads are swing tabs and when you swing the one on the left down, you can open up the double flaps and find a pocket with three gorgeous tags. (Forgot to photograph those).  When you swing the Ho Ho Ho tab on the right up, you can open back the little faux page with the snowflake punched edge.


Early this morning I got to work on the rest of the pages.  The left page above has a "Make a List" tab holder and I slipped a red cardstock photo mat underneath the tab.  The two stamp images are attached to the photo mat.  On the right, I created a belly band with red & white braid ribbon that is tied through a chipboard button from the paper collection.  A large photo mat and a mini booklet insert underneath the belly band and is held in place with a Christmas tree paper clip and the "Handle with Care" place holder at the bottom.



The next set of pages shown above have a simple vertical pocket on the left page and some tags.  In the center is a faux page that I decorated with a small pocket, a tag with a pretty ribbon bow and a gorgeous flower from Petaloo.


When you flip back the faux page, you'll find another place card or tab holder made from one of the cut-a-parts in the collection with a photo mat inserted underneath the place card holder.  On the page on the right, I used a couple of the envelopes from the collection, added a snowflake and a Dear Santa "letter." Both are held in place with paper clips.  The reindeer paperclip on the left and an office paper clip on the right that I had added a pretty button to a month or so ago.


For the last page (on the left) I added a booklet "Twas the Night Before" and a tag. Both are held in place with the back of the paper clip used on the other page.  For the inside cover, I created a double flap that is held closed with a magnet.  Inside is a 3 page waterfall for photos.

I'm going to keep working on this tonight.  All the pages are done and I just need to decorate the front cover and the spine.  I think I will use more of those beautiful Petaloo flowers on the front and some snowflakes.  For the spine I plan to create a ribbon, charm piece.   When I get those done, I will post them for NEXT Friday for my Finish it Friday post on September 18th as I will again be gone!  Yep, I'll be at a scrapbook, crafting, quilting retreat with friends in Mt Calm, Texas at the Compass Centre. We'll be there for 3 nights and 4 days, returning on Sunday afternoon. I plan on getting a lot done!!  At least I will be taking lots of projects that I want to work on. We'll see how much I actually get done. Ha, ha.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts