The Colors of Fall


Hello Monday! Guess what? The calendar says that this week will officially be Autumn!!  Now, if only the temps here in Texas would adjust down a bit so it'd be more fall like.   But anyway, today starts a new challenge over on Cards in Envy and in celebration of Autumn, our theme is the COLORS OF FALL.  You have to create a card (A2 size) that has the most common Autumn colors like reds, golds, brown, dark greens and blues.  We'd love to have you join our challenge if you create cards and have a blog.

This card was really quick and easy to make!  On my card base, I used a Creative Memories leaf punch and punched the leaves into the front of the card base.  Then I attached the rusty red and gold papers behind the leaves on the inside of the card.  I used another piece of paper the size of the card front to completely cover the front back so it would look pretty on the inside.  The papers I used for this card are Authentique's 6x6 "Thankful" collection.  I then attached a strip of patterned paper on one side, tied the bow from some twine and stamped "thank you" with Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie ink.  The sentiment is also from Stampin' Up! in the Happy Moments stamp set.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Today I'll be unpacking all my crafty stuff (I've been gone on a retreat) and doing laundry! Ugh. Oh, and office paper work that piled up while I was gone.  Hope to be able to share later this week some of the things I did at the retreat!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts