The State Fair of Texas is Coming! "Picture Day"


Yep. It's hard to believe, but in a few weeks the State Fair of Texas will open!  I took the above photo on the Midway in 2008. I love the lights of the Midway, but not so much the crowds and "barkers" calling out for you to play their games.


Of course, every time we go to the State Fair, I have to take a photo of Big Tex.  Each year he sports a different color shirt.  I'm glad that I do take photos of him each year as this one burned down a couple years ago and though we have a new one, he doesn't look quite the same and takes some getting used to.  This photo was also in 2008.

Below is one of my favorite State Fair photos that I took and the result was a total accident.  I decided to take a photo of the police officers mounted on their horses.  I didn't realize that the sign behind them said "The Best Ride at the Fair."


Depending on the weekend that you attend, various animals will be on show for judging.  In 2008 when we were there, it was rabbits, so I took this guy's photo.


I know that I usually do my "picture day" on Tuesday but it's my blog and I decided to change it up this week. Ha, ha. Anyway, I didn't have a crafty post to share just yet but I hope to have maybe one tomorrow and on Wednesday or at least a "sneak peek" of something I've designed on one of those days.  Thursday I'll be leaving for the KISS Scrapbooking Retreat in Mt. Calm, Texas. Looking forward to a 4 day craft-a-thon with friends!  Friday's post will be pre-scheduled with my FINISHED Finish it Friday Christmas album!

Happy Crafting and Picture Taking!

Popular Posts