It's Finished! Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas Mini MiniAlbum


Hello and welcome to my Finish it Friday post! This week I have a FINISHED project! Yay! Actually I finished this late last Friday night but I'm sharing it here today in a pre-scheduled post as I'm away on a 4 day KISS Retreat in Mt. Calm, Texas.  This retreat is at the Compass Centre, a fabulous retreat building with a wonderful work area for each person attending as well as wonderfully comfortable rooms for lodging AND scrumptious meals and desserts! Did I say the desserts are scrumptious? Well, they are super scrumptious!!  All you have to do at this retreat is get up each morning and work on your projects.  No meals to cook, no driving for take-out food. Melissa rings the dinner bell for each meal and you just get up, fill your plate and go into the dining room.  And Julia our hostess goes out of her way to help us have fun and get lots done! Wonderful.  Okay, enough about where I am today....more about this project!

Last Friday night after I finished the pages in the morning, I decorated the front cover and the spine of the album.  I had already added an elastic closure to the back but had not decided how I wanted to make the closure piece on the front.  So I punched a hole, inserted an eyelet backwards so the stem part was on the front of the cover and then glued a chipboard piece from the collection to the top of the eyelet and inserted a small brad too.  I let it dry (I used Beacon's Quick Grip glue) for several hours before placing the elastic over it.  It seems to be a very sturdy closure now. For the decorative piece on the front, I glued down four silver, glittery snowflakes.  Then I glued down a circle chipboard piece from the collection featuring Santa, toys and "Twas the Night Before Christmas."  Around that piece I used pop dots to attach the plaid chipboard frame.  The pop dots give it a slightly raised look with the Santa down flat.  Then I glued three beautiful poinsettia flowers by Petaloo.  I glued in some leaves too and then tied a double bow from very thin red satin ribbon and glued that to the base of the flowers.  LOVE IT!


For the spine, I punched a hole and inserted an eyelet so I could tie ribbon through the spine.  I used various ribbons including red rick-rack and tied jingle bells to the ends of some of the ribbons and chipboard tags to others and then added a green sparkly snowflake.  I love adding ribbon/charm elements to the spines of many of my albums!

So that's it.  Another FINISHED project for FINISH IT FRIDAY! What will be my project for next Friday? I'm not sure, so check back next week to find out.  If you missed the post with the pages of this album, you can check them out by clicking on these links >HERE< and >HERE<.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts