The Yellow Rose of Texas for "Picture Day"


I took this photo and posted it on my blog in May of 2008.  I'm sad to say that since then the rose bush died and we have not replaced it.  Maybe next spring I'll plant a new rose bush or two as I love roses. Anyway, I wanted to share this photo of a beautiful Texas Yellow Rose for this weeks' "Picture Day."

This is what I had to say about this rose and photo back in 2008:
We have a yellow rose bush in our front yard.  As long as we have rain it will bloom from early Spring straight through to Fall.    I call it my Yellow Rose of Texas rose bush.  This year we had a Spring hail storm right after the rose bush reached full bloom.  I just knew that all of the roses were gone, but when I went outside I found this beautiful bloom  still intact on the very top of the bush.  I took this photo after sunset with the sun behind me, that’s why the background has a darker blue/green hue.

I've got caught up on my office paperwork after being gone to the retreat and got the laundry done. The crafty stuff is still mostly packed up though and I may not get that unpacked until next week. We'll see. This week I'm finishing up on cutting kits and bagging them for my class this coming Saturday at Flossie Scrapper in Joshua/Burleson, Texas.  I'll be teaching my 8x8 Flip Hinge album that I recently decorated in the fabulous Kaisercraft Betsy Couture paper line. It is on display at the store.  There may be a few spots left open for the class. I'm also teaching a Chameleon Coloring Class in the afternoon. Call the store to sign up for these classes if you are interested.  817) 295-7100

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts