Best Wishes with White on White


I don't think I've ever made a totally white on white card until now. And I love it!  So elegant and really easy.  This week we are starting a new card challenge over on Cards in Envy and the challenge is to make a white on white card.  It can be any theme but it has to be mostly white.  If you must use another color, only use a tiny bit.  I guess my other color is "sliver" which I think really helped to keep the overall look "white."

For this card, I only used white card stock, a nice heavy weight from Paper Trey Ink. There are actually 4 layers of the white card stock on this card.  The first is the base cut to the 4.25" x 5.25" size.  Then I punched out a rectangle using the Simon Says Stitched Rectangles Die.  I then cut out a smaller size layer and ran it through the Big Shot with a Sizzix Embossing Folder.  The next layer was another but smaller rectangle punched out with the same Simon Says Stitched Rectangles Die set.  Before I attached all the layers down, I wrapped a piece of white Hug Snug ribbon around them and tied a flat bow.  I added a bit of white tulle around the bow.  The flowers were punched from a die by Heartfelt Creations called Birds & Blooms.  I did two layers of just the flowers and used a stylus on a foam pad to give them some shape.  The silver rhinestones in the center of each flower are from Want 2 Scrap. The sentiment is from Paper Trey Inks Mixed Messages collection and I stamped it with Prima's Tin Can Silver/Grey Ink.  I also punched out the sentiment with a label die and mounted it to card with a foam square to make it stand out a bit.

Working with white on white is really a lovely change and I hope you will try to join us for this challenge.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts