Fun Friday + Making Plans for January Tutorial Project


Yay! It's Friday!!  Having fun in the crafty room = Fun Friday!  All the Christmas decorations are down and put away for another year.  But that doesn't mean I won't do some "Christmas" crafting. What you see in the photo above are two of my Christmas Card Books that I've made using Christmas cards that I've received in past years.  I used the cards for the tags, embellishments and pockets in the books.  Photo cards become the photos in the book.  Each book holds two years, so you're looking at 2010/11 and 2012/13.  The cards with the ribbons tied around them are for my next Christmas book that I will be making this month for 2014/15 cards.  I've taught a class on this in the past and I've sold several tutorials for this project but have decided that this year, I'll make it a free tutorial on my YouTube channel and it will be my January Tutorial project.  Now don't get too excited, but I'm hoping to start on it NEXT week so that I'll actually have a tutorial project done and uploaded way before the end of the month! Below is a better photo of the finished books and my cards that will go in the next book.


The great thing about this project is you really don't have to spend much to make it.  Use black or Christmas color cardstock, some chipboard or even cereal boxes glued together and any Christmas patterned paper that you might have extra of that you want to use up. I'm not sure of the exact day that the first video will hit my channel but if I start on this Monday, then you might see one on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.  So gather up the Christmas cards you've received and some Christmas supplies so you can follow along.  Don't have any Christmas cards? That's okay.  You could make a birthday card book or wedding card book or a card book for any occasion.

Have a great weekend and...

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts