Little Lambs Eat Ivy for Picture Day


The text for this post and the photos are from my photography blog and were originally posted April 2013.

Down the road from our house is a lamb farm.  Every spring there are baby lambs.  Last year I grabbed my camera and took a few photos.  One is a bit out of focus because I had to really zoom the lens to get a photo of the "twins."  I saw these in my photo folders on my computer yesterday and since I don't think I shared them on my blog last year, I'm putting them up for today.

These photos got me to thinking about an old song my mother used to sing to me.  She sang it like the lyrics I'll share below  and I guess that's why I always knew the words to the song or the nursery rhyme.  I sang it to my daughter as well but somehow she didn't realize what the words really were.  I helped her out the other day with them. Ha, ha.  So...did you know what the words really were?  Have you ever heard this song?

I know a ditty nutty as a fruitcake

Goofy as a goon and silly as a loon

Some call it pretty, others call it crazy

But they all sing this tune:


Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?


If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey

Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy"


Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo?

A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you? (a kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?)

Below is one of the ewes and her newborn lamb--



Another mother and baby--


And the twins (a bit blurry photo as I had to zoom really, really far to get them)



Yesterday was a really nice, sunshiney day.  Today it is overcast, dreary and the wind...oh my that north wind cuts right through you! But if we make it through today, the weather gets better and better this week.  The weather men (and ladies) say we will have temps in the 70s by this weekend!  Also, my cats are so much better today. Quinton is finally  more like his old self.  He is now eating and drinking water, grooming, stretching, meowing and holding his tail high.  Right now he is on the top of our tallest cat tower bird watching.  Makes me happy!




Happy Crafting and Picture Taking!

Popular Posts