Shiny New Year with Hugs & Kisses!


We have a new card challenge starting today on the Cards in Envy blog!  The theme is SHINY NEW YEAR!  By the way, Happy New Year to each of you!  I once again went missing for a bit here on the blog but hope things settle down this week to "almost normal" for me.

Anyway, the first card challenge for 2016 on Cards in Envy is starting today and runs for two weeks.  And though the theme says "Shiny New Year," you don't have to make a New Years card! It can be any theme as long as it has shiny things on it like my sparkly hearts and lips and shiny silver sequins!



The creation of this card was super short and sweet,which I needed as I've been so busy the last few weeks.  I used red cardstock and white cardstock.  I then stamped the sentiment with an acrylic stamp from the Papertrey Ink Handwritten Notes set using Memento Love Letter red ink. Next, I attached the foam stickers of the glittery lips and heart that I had in my stash.  These are Hearts & Kisses Dazzlers by Petaloo from about six years ago.  And then I glued on the shiny sliver sequins randomly on the card.  Done.  Still cute but incredibly quick.  So don't hesitate to look in your stash for ways to make a simple card when you need one.

This week I'm finishing up on a project for Flossie Scrapper for my January class at the store.  I've already shared the original many months ago--it was a Journal book created with the beautiful Graphic 45 Gilded Lily collection. I will be teaching a black, blank class in the morning so you can choose to pattern it in any paper collection that you love BUT I will also be teaching a patterning class in the afternoon using the Graphic 45 Time to Flourish collection which is perfect for a Journal/Planner type album if you want a finished project.  So if you think you might be interested, contact Flossie Scrapper now for more details and sign up!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts