Little Birdies Say Happy Birthday for Throwback Thursday


I didn't post anything yesterday.  I'm a little bit under the weather.  Allergies most likely, turning into cold like symptoms.  Today is the stuffy nose.  Meds have been taken. I'm not sick in the bed. Just blah.  No crafting yesterday much and I tried to do some video editing and uploading and that was a bust.  So, I'll try again today...

Anyway, I found this card that I created and shared on the blog back in February of 2012.  It was my favorite card back then and I'm thinking it might still be my favorite now.  It's a square card and I don't make those much now days and on this one I just kept adding pretty things I had in my stash.  I love how it turned out.  Too thick of course for mailing, but I remember I gave it to someone for their birthday.  Don't ask me who as I can't remember that! Ha, ha.

Here's what I had to say about this card in 2012 and some of the creation details...
I followed the Seems a Little Sketchy #7 sketch pretty close and used this pretty yellow and white dotted paper for the background.  The next layer is a vintage paper that looks like a post card.  For the circle I used a crumpled “paper sack” doily that I’d received in an embellishment kit I ordered from an Etsy shop.  The next layer is a light colored printed paper with blues and yellows in the design and then for the layer behind the love birds I used a scrap of floral printed papers with the same blues and yellows.  I colored the love birds with my Copic pens and cut them out or as some say “fussy cut.”  Used to be I could not cut out detail things very well, until I bought my Tim Holtz scissors.  Oh my!  I can cut out with those and I’m thrilled that I can now “fussy cut” stuff! Ha, ha..  Below the love birds I stamped “happy birthday” with an acrylic stamp and then criss-crossed a yellow and white twine.  Then I added the bling!  A few pretty silk leaves and this gorgeous pearl and gold button.  I then added three pretty pink rhinestone brads to pick up the pink color in the floral paper.  I love this card so much that I would have sent it to myself for my birthday!

That's it for today I guess.  I feel like taking a nap but have a video I need to get on YouTube.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts