Sweet Halloween Card for Cards in Envy


Happy Monday to you and a little Boo too! Ha, ha.  Today starts our Halloween card challenge over on Cards in Envy.  We're calling it "Let's Play Dress Up (Halloween Costumes of Course."  That means your card must have people or characters in Halloween costume attire.  I've seen many fabulous cards using the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks and wanted to play with mine (finally).   So I picked several of the colors and blended them on to a white cardstock background.  I also put oxide ink in a green color on a separate piece of white cardstock to diecut out for the ground.  I love how it turned out and added these cute kids in their Halloween costumes that I stamped and colored with my Copic markers.


Here's a complete list of supplies I used:
  • White smooth cardstock

  • Black Cardstock

  • Distress Oxide Inks:  Spiced Marmalade, Seedless Preserves, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint and Wild Honey

  • Lawn Fawn Costume Party Acrylic Stamp Set & Dies

  • Black Tuxedo Memento Ink

  • Copic Markers

  • Tree Die

  • Border Die for the grass

I used a paint brush dipped in water to splatter the Oxide Ink on the card and let it set for just a bit and then blotted it with a paper towel to get "star" like dots.


It's hard to believe that Halloween will be here soon,but it will!  If you make Halloween cards, I hope you'll share yours with us at Cards in Envy just be sure it has a person or character in a Halloween costume and is flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing.

Happy Crafting!

Sandy


P.S. My Thirteen Frights Before Halloween Craft Project event starts THIS Wednesday here on my blog and on my YouTube Channel.  I hope you'll join me.  I have a sponsor this year (Country Craft Creations) and we will have a prize giveaway!

Popular Posts