Birthday Wishes

 


Today's card is my last one for The Stamping Shack Design Team.  After 6 months the owner has decided to close The Stamping Shack store and the challenges.  She has other businesses and craft obligations she is involved with and something had to go.  Sadly it had to be The Stamping Shack, but I do understand.  Six months was also the time frame that I had decided to be on the Design Team and had already given my resignation to the team.   I've really enjoyed working with the cute images from The Stamping Shack and I'm a bit sad that they will be gone.   I do love whimsical, child type images for cards because they are so much fun to color. I will miss  my other design team mates but I'm happy that I'm friends with many of them on Facebook and I will also see them around in other blog challenges.  Maybe I'll get a chance to be on a design team with one or all of them again someday.   

For this card, I used the super cute "Monster Boy" image with a balloon  from The Stamping Shack which to me says "Birthday!"  He's colored up with my Copic Markers.

Copic Coloring List:
  • Boy's Skin E000+ E00+E11+R20
  • Balloon  R32+R43+R24
  • Dragon Costume YG01+YG05+YG07
  • Balloon Highlights, Teeth and Dragon's Spots Signo White Pen
  • Outline YG00
I used printed papers from the 6x6 designer pad by Echo Park, "A Boy's Life" and stamped the image with an acrylic stamp by Papertrey Ink from the Daily Designs collection.  The sentiment circles are punched with Stampin' Up Punches--Circle and Scallop Circle.  I added a button from my stash and some button twine.

I also used a sketch designed by Mary Pat from Siehled with a Kiss.  Mary Pat designed the sketches for the Stamping Shack Blog and this one would have been for the next blog challenge if the shop and challenges had stayed open.

Have a great day!


Popular Posts