Take Care...



Since it's the first Monday in April, how about a Sketch Challenge over on Cards in Envy?  I'm the co-host of that blog challenge with my friend, Denise. She designs the sketches each month while I come up with the theme for the second challenge in the month.  

This fun loving and creative sketch by Denise had many of us on the Design Team seeing flowers (or could it be because it is finally Spring!!).  Either one, we've got a lot of inspiring cards for you to look at and  CASE or create your own following her sketch.

For my card, I had to go pretty simple with no Copic coloring as earlier last week I hurt my thumb on my right hand on the edge of the nail--long story short, freak little accident where a hard plastic bowl falling out of the upper (way above the stove) cabinet, whopped my thumb as I tried to catch it.  The nail was all black and icky looking and it (my thumb) was sore as heck when I made this card and I couldn't hold a marker or color very well.  My scissor work isn't the best either!  

Anyway, for this card creation I used some adorable cloud paper from Nikki Sivils called "Willow Bee" in the 6x6 mini paper pad.  The dotted paper was a scrap from my stash that I cut with a Stampin' Up scallop punch.  The flowers are hand cut with scissors from the back side of the dotted paper.  And I used Glossy Accents on the flowers to make them look like epoxy stickers.  I also cut out a flower to put on the Button Thread bow and put Glossy Accents on it too.  The sentiment is an acrylic stamp by Papertrey Ink from their "Picnic Sentiment" set. I stamped the sentiment using Broken China Distress Ink then  used a Spellbinder's circle die to cut it out and my Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper to round the corners of the card and papers.  

The Cards In Envy Sketch challenge runs until  April 14th.  We pick a winner or overall favorite and then the top three cards. All winners picked get a badge to show off on their blogs.  The main thing about the challenge besides following the sketch is that your card must fit in an envelope, no lumpy bumpy things and not cost any extra postage if mailed.  Please save your thick flowers and buttons for other cards and make sure your card size is 5x5 square or smaller or a regular A2 card (4.25" x 5.5") since that's what will fit in a first class postage envelope.

I hope to see you there as we are a new challenge and would love to see our followers and number of participants grow!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts