Picked for You - Make Your Own Paper Pad!

This project was originally posted on The Stamping Shack blog as a Design Team Member back  in February of this year.  I will be leaving their Design Team the end of this month and thought that I would post the information/measurements for making this project here on my blog and also provide a link to my tutorial video on how to make it.


Do you have lots of scraps of beautiful, printed designer papers?   I do.  Especially when I use a 12"x12" designer paper to create a card!    I have a basket on the floor underneath my cutter and when I trim papers for my cards, I toss the scraps into the basket.  It is getting full!  As I was watching different Youtube Videos for storage ideas for my acrylic stamps, I happened upon a video by the Paper Boutique showing how to make your own paper pad out of your scraps of paper!  She used a couple of techniques and you can watch her video>HERE<   But since I have a different way of explaining things, I decided to do a quick video of my own.

First, for the paper pad above, I used the adorable "Picked for You" digital image from The Stamping Shack and colored her with my Copic Markers and then cut her out with my Big Shot using Stampin' Up Framelits Label Collection Dies.   The bow is tied from some green dot satin ribbon.

Copic Coloring List:
  • Skin E000, E01, E11, R20
  • Hair Y21, Y32
  • Dress & Hair Bows B04, B05, B06
  • Shoes C0
  • Basket E33, E53, E55
  • Flowers R22, R14, R24, R35
  • Leaves & Grass YG03, YG06
  • Background B0000
To show you how I made the paper pad, I made a video of a Christmas pad that I also made.  For my paper pads, I cut my large scraps of printed papers into 4" x 5 1/4" pieces. These will work well for mats for my cards that I make for Operation Write Home.  I also used a 4" piece of 1 1/2" wide Duct Tape as my adhesive to hold the papers together in the pad and a scrap piece of paper trimmed to 4" wide x 2 1/2", scored at 1" and 1 1/2".  My stack of papers measured about 1/2" thick. 

Here's my video:



I'm pretty excited to have found this means of organizing my paper scraps and will be making more paper pads!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts