Just a Little Christmas Note




Hello, yes it is still April but today I'm sharing a Gingerbread Christmas card I designed for Christmas Cards All Year 'Round. Tomorrow, May 1st, a new monthly challenge goes live for Christmas Cards All Year 'Round and the theme is Gingerbread Man (Or Woman) AND Ribbon PLUS at least Three Buttons.


I will admit that I had a hard time getting in the Christmas card making frame of mind this time around.  I just could not think of what or how to do a Gingerbread Man card.  Then I remembered that I had some Graphic 45 Nutcracker papers and that I thought I had seen a Gingerbread Man or two on one of the sheets of paper.  Yes! I found them on the back of the purple candy stripe paper.  But then I wanted something bigger for the Gingerbread Man, so I dug out my "rarely" used Cricut and the "From My Kitchen" cartridge and cut out the Gingerbread Boy for the front of my card.  I then decorated him to sort of match the Gingerbread Boys on the Graphic 45 paper.  This is a special fold card and it stays closed with a hidden magnet between the papers and ribbons.  I fussy cut out some of the candy and one of the Gingerbread Boys from the paper and added Glossy Accent to them to make them stand out and added them to the inside of the card.

Card Creation Supply List:

  • Cricut Cartridge - "From My Kitchen"  Gingerbread Boy
  • Papers - 12x12 Graphic 45, Nutcracker Collection
  • Cardstock - Light Green & Kraft
  • Glossy Accents
  • White Signo Pen - Broad (To Decorate the Gingerbread Boy)
  • Diamond Stickles
  • Green Dot Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon
  • Boy Bunny Doily
  • (3) Small Red Buttons from my stash
  • Purple Hug Snug Ribbon
  • Sentiment - Papertrey Ink "Signature Christmas"
The Christmas Cards All Year "Round challenge  for the month of May starts tomorrow, May 1st and runs for a month.  Let's see what you can create using a Gingerbread Man or Woman, Ribbon and at least three buttons.

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts