Route 66 Mini Road Trip Album



Happy Tuesday, crafty friends!  I've been  busy but you wouldn't know it by my blog.  But I have been.  I spent the weekend working on a couple of "All Occasion" albums--assembling the covers and pages and getting them ready for some decorating fun at the National Scrapbook Day Retreat I'll be attending the first weekend of May.  And I made this mini Route 66 Road Trip Album.  This little book measures 6x6  and it's made from a 6x6 paper pad!  How cool is that?!!  The cover and back are made from the chipboard cover and back of the 6x6 designer paper pad and all the pages inside are made with papers from the pad.  Now, I did create a simple hidden hinge to attach the pages to because if you just left them in the pad, they would fall out plus there is this hole on the one edge used to hang the pad on a display at a store.  I kept the decor in this very simple and flat as this little mini album will go inside a pocket of the bigger Route 66 album I've been working on.  Plus I wanted to be able to put lots of photos inside of this.

Here's the inside cover and the first page. I did make a pocket with a Tim Holtz tab edge die and stamped Route 66 with the Tim Holtz Road Trip stamps and added some tags.


I love, love, love this next page which is simply a car that I stamped lightly with the Tim Holtz stamp.  I left the other page blank for photos.


The next set of pages has another tab pocket and tag plus the cute gas pump and attendant stamp from Tim Holtz.






I am so loving this Route 66 album project!  Can't wait to start adding in my photos, which, I guess I should get busy and get those printed up!

Have a great day!

Popular Posts