For the Little One


It's time for another Seems a Little Sketchy Sketch Challenge.  Our Sponsor is QKR Stampede  and I got to choose this adorable image called "Setting the Stars."   Normally I color with  my Copics;  but this time, I decided to use some of my pencils that I have and colored it up with Inktense pencils and a bit of Gamsol.  I love how it turned out.   I rarely make baby cards but thought this image would be perfect for one so I did it up to have on hand if the occasion arises in which I will need one.

I used light blue cardstock and a stripe paper from Echo Park's "A Boy's Life" 6x6 paper pad.  The scalloped journal mat behind the image is one I had in my stash and I think it is by Little Yellow Bicycle and from the Snuggle Bug "Girl" set.  On the stars, I used a bit of Crackle Accents and then added three light green rhinestones on the lower corner and the light green Baker's Twine.  I used a Stampin' Up Scallop Punch to make the white scalloped piece and stamped the sentiment "For the Little One" to the journaling piece with an acrylic stamp from Papertrey Ink's Daily Designs set and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.

This sketch challenge on Seems a Little Sketchy runs for two weeks and a prize from QKR Stampede will be awarded to a winner chosen by Random.Org.

Sketches are fun to use and help to get your mojo going for a quick card.  Hope to see you there!

Popular Posts