Christmas Joy ~ O' Christmas Tree!


It's Christmas!


Ha, ha.  April Fool's!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!  I'm not really trying to fool you with a Christmas card post. But today is the start of the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round April challenge and the theme is "O' Christmas Tree."

I decided to put several trees on my card rather than just one.  At first as I started working on it, I wasn't sure I'd like it but once I got it all done and added the bow,  I not only liked it, I loved it!

This is a really simple card to make!  First, I cut a piece of white cardstock to a 5.25" x 4" size and inked it with Broken China Distress Ink.  Then I took the Hero Arts Holiday Cheer Christmas Tree Stamps and lightly stamped trees all over the inked paper by stamping off the inked image on to scrap paper before stamping it to the inked paper. (Hope that makes sense.)  Then I stamped the three trees (the big one twice and the little one once  on to some other white cardstock and used the matching Hero Arts dies that came with the stamps to cut out the trees. I also used the Broken China Distress Ink to stamp all the trees.   I then arranged the cut out trees  on to the background by attaching the two big trees with tape runner and the smaller tree with foam tape. Next,  I added rhinestones to the tree tops.  The "Christmas Joy" sentiment is actually a piece of Washi Tape and the ribbon is  from May Arts.  I love the sheer ribbon with the contrasting edge!  Lastly,  I attached the finished background  to a white card base for an A2 (5.5" x 4.25") card.

If you are one who likes to make lots of matching cards to send out for Christmas, this design just might be the ticket.  You could even get your family involved (maybe) in an assembly line type production.

Now, it's your turn to create a Christmas card featuring a Christmas tree and link it up to the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round April Challenge--"O' Christmas Tree."  There is a prize from our sponsor this month for a random winner AND you have the entire month to get it done!

Merry Christmas Happy April Fool's Day!

Popular Posts