Gifts of Spring




What are gifts of Spring for you?  Birds, Flowers, Butterflies, Rain Showers?  Or maybe all of those?  Our newest card challenge over on the Cards in Envy blog is APRIL SHOWERS.  I decided to create a card using this "Gifts of Spring" sentiment and add to the card elements of all the gifts that I think of when I think of Spring.

This card was very quick and easy to create.  All of the elements (umbrella, rain drops, bird, flowers and butterfly) are from a 12x12 Sticker Sheet that I had in my stash.  There was no name label on the sheet so I can't share the brand name but I thought it was really cute and worked well with the April Showers theme.  I used a sheet of 12x12 Designer paper by American Crafts called "Heat Wave."  It was green on one side and blue with white dots on the other, so I used it for both the design and the matting.  I used white cardstock and punched out the scallop with a Stampin' Up scallop punch and then stamped the "Gifts of Spring" sentiment (an acrylic stamp from Papertrey Inks Mailbox Greetings set) with Stampin' Up Melon Mambo ink onto a piece of the green paper and punched it out with a Stampin Up Paper Puncher.  I then added a small bow tied from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist twine in the pink and white color.

That was it! As I said, quick and easy AND very flat for mailing in an envelope.  Which is what the Cards in Envy challenge is all about. The challenge starts tomorrow, Monday, April 21st and runs through May 4th.  I hope you'll join us at Cards in Envy in this challenge and share your cards with us.  Limit 3 entries per person and all cards must be A2 size.

My wish is that you've had a wonderful and blessed Easter Sunday today and Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts