For Someone Special {Again}


Do you often find yourself using the same sentiment stamp over and over?  I do.  It seems that certain ones in a set are just perfect for so many different cards.  I find myself wondering if I should retire a sentiment that I've used many times and buy something new but then I hesitate to change because it still works so well for my cards.  I figure you are all surely sick of me listing "Papertrey Ink Acrylic XXXX Stamp Set" in my supplies used details, but for now, I'll just keep using them.

Anyway, this card is for the new Digi Haven challenge that goes live today (Friday).  The theme is "Flowers in Pots."  All of the Digi Haven Designers have used an adorable digi image from our sponsor Lacy Sunshine. Each one is so cute!  Amazing  little people in some sort of flower pot container.  Mine is called "Zinnia."  I colored her up with my Copic markers.

The papers I used were perfect for this challenge and came from my scrap paper stash.  I made my own flowers out of the paper too!  I used a Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret Spellbinder Die set to cut each section of the flowers and then added brads from my stash as the centers.  The bow is tied from some natural button twine from Papertrey Ink and of course, the sentiment is a Papertrey Ink acrylic stamp from their Mailbox Greetings set.  You'll notice that I also stitched on the card base using a zig-zag and straight stitch on my sewing machine.

So what digi image will you use that depicts "Flowers in Pots?"  If you don't have one in mind, you can head over to Lacy Sunshine and use one of hers.  She has lots that would be great to add to your collection.  If you do, be sure to make a card or project and link it up to the Digi Haven challenge. There will be a prize of 3 digi images from Lacy Sunshine to one randomly selected challenge participant. And remember, you must use a DIGI image to enter the challenge.

Hope you have a wonderful and crafty weekend!







Popular Posts