Accordion Mini Album {Throwback Thursday}


In March of 2013 I made this super cute accordion mini album for photos of our cats.  Now it's almost exactly 2 years ago to the day and I still have not put any photos in the album.  I thought it would be a good share for today's Throwback Thursday post  and that by visiting the album again I'd be inspired to print up a photo or two for it.  This was originally shared on my blog on March 6, 2013 and here's a bit of what I had to say about this type of mini album:
I know that these mini accordion albums (or cards) were the craze several years ago but I just never got around to giving them a try.  Last Friday afternoon, I watched a few tutorials on them and thought I’d make one or two just for fun.  So on Saturday morning I attempted to make one by following one of the  videos.  I thought it went well, except that when I started decorating it, I had trouble getting it to fold up correctly.  I was, indeed, about to go crazy!  I finally discovered that I had folded the center section in the wrong direction for it to work properly, but since I’d already started decorating and I had used 3 sheets of good designer paper, I didn’t want to just throw it away.  All the opening and closing to try to get it to work right resulted in some tiny holes and tears in the folds.  So now I have a very shabby, chic mini accordion album! Ha, ha.


I remember that even though I had some difficulty making this album that it was fun, so I may have to make another one some day soon!  What project have you made that drove you a bit crazy?  Here’s the link to the tutorial on how to make this:   Elsa’s Accordion Scrapbook Mini Album

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts