Time to Flourish February Tag


Okay, I know it seems a bit odd to be making a February love tag the end of March, but there's a good reason and I'll explain it later in this post.

I think I've finally caught up with myself and the dreaded Daylight Savings Time.  I still don't like it in the morning because it is dark when the alarm goes off.  I did set it for 15 minutes later each morning so that's helped some. Anyway, today is the first day that I feel like I've been able to do almost all the things I needed to do in one day.   Laundry washed, dried AND put away.  Floors downstairs all vacuumed AND the tile steam cleaned.  Dusted the living room and dining room.  Started washing the pet towels from the cat beds.  Had a quick, late lunch and made this tag. Okay so I haven't done ANY office work but I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Now on to this tag.  Today is "Made it Monday" for my blog and I wanted to get this tag made before the end of March so that's what I picked to make.  The reason I'm doing a February tag in March is because unless you are a retail store, you cannot get the class instruction sheets from Graphic 45 until the month following so that the stores can teach the class.  The February instruction sheet was posted on the Graphic 45 blog earlier in March and I've just now found the time to make it.  On the instruction sheets there are four projects featuring the beautiful Time to Flourish collection. Two cards and two tags.  I'm just making one each month and have decided to do a tag.  At the end of the year I'll have a nice collection with one for each month.  I followed the instructions fairly close, but had to make some changes due to not having all the product listed on the instruction sheet.  My tag is narrow and taller than the sample one but I love it just the same. Also instead of matting mine to black card stock and using a black tag, I used a Kraft one and inked the edges.

Here's the list of what I used on my tag:

  • Graphic 45, small tag (I extended it to make it longer and to make the pocket with Kraft card stock)

  • Graphic 45, 8x8 February papers from the Time to Flourish Collection

  • Scraps from one sheet of 12x12 February papers from the same collection

  • Pink & Red Hug Snug Ribbon

  • Tim Holtz Festive Berries Distress Ink

  • Flower Punches

  • Queen & Co. red rhinestones

  • Foam Squares

  • Wink of Stella Clear Brush Pen

  • Graphic 45 February Class Instruction Sheet, Click >Here< to get your copy

And that's it for this weeks "Made it Monday."  I'll have a real quick "how to" on my blog tomorrow.  I picked up some paint color cards (is that what they are called?) from Home Depot on Sunday and have a thrifty crafting idea for them.

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts