Throwback Thursday ~ A Sweet Simple Place


Today's Throwback Thursday only goes back to January 2014 when I originally posted this Mixed Media page that I created.  It is my favorite page out of the many that I did in 2014.  I love how this turned out but have since determined that Mixed Media is not really my favorite craft. I'm not saying that I won't do more but for now....the supplies and my books and finished pages have been put away.

Here's some of what I had to say about this page last year:
Here’s my finished art journal page for week 2 of the Journal52 project.  The prompt was “Somewhere a Simple Place.”    I thought about it and thought about it and decided that the most simple place for me is Matagorda on the Gulf Coast of Texas.  It’s a sleepy little fishing town that hubby and I, along with other family and friends like to go to for some fishing and quiet time. Matagorda is most beautiful when the sun is setting, so I wanted to capture a sunset for this journal page.  The silhouette figures are from a photo that I took of my husband and brother.  I printed it as a digital image in Word and cut it out to collage on to my sunset page. The quote is from a song by Kate Bush.  It says:  “Oh sing of summer and a sunset. And sing for us, so that we may remember.  The day writes the words right across the sky.  They all go all the way up to the top of the night.”

I love to go to Matagorda.  Hubby loves to go there to fish.  We haven't been there in a couple of years now I guess. Maybe we'll get to go later this year.  It's so laid back and peaceful there.  What is your favorite small place destination? Do you get to go there often?

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts