Technique Tuesday - Creating with Paint Chips


Sunday I went to Home Depot with hubby as we needed some air filters and as I walked down the paint aisle, I saw these pretty, bright paint chips.  I took home one of each because they made me think of birthdays or Disney.  Yesterday afternoon. I grabbed my 1.5" circle punch and 3/4" circle punch and made these Mickey Mouse silhouette heads. The edges around the paper of the smaller circles are a little rough so I may need to "sharpen" my punch with wax paper and see if that helps.  Otherwise I'll probably sand them a bit and/or ink the edges.


I'm thinking these would be cute on cards for kids.  Do you go to the hardware store or home improvement stores and look for bits and pieces that could be used on a craft project.  I do all the time.  Hubby likes buying it for me.  He thinks its funny.  The paint chips were free, but I'll be buying a lot of paint from Home Depot soon.  Our house (outside) needs new paint.

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts