Make Your Own Paper Clip Embellishments ~ Technique Tuesday


I love using paper clips with pretty toppers as an embellishment on many of my mini album projects but often I don't have one that will work with the papers, colors etc. of what I'm creating so I've started making my own and it's really easy!

I made the one shown above in just a few minutes this morning.  And it looks perfect in this mini paper bag album.  To create your own decorative paperclips, you'll need  paper clips in the size and color you want.  For this one I used the jumbo gold paper clip that I buy at the office supply store. You'll also need a button, rhinestone or other element to cover the holes in the button, large foam squares, a 3/4" circle punch and scraps of card stock or designer paper.  I've shared step by step what you need to do in the Snapguide Tutorial below:



Here's another paper clip embellishment that I made this morning. The only problem with making your own is knowing when to quit! Ha, ha.


What do you like to make yourself rather than purchase at the store?

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts