Re-Visiting Route 66 {Throwback Thursday}


Early in 2013, I discovered several crafters that created their own mini albums.  Since I really don't like albums made with metal rings for the binding, I was intrigued and knew right away that I wanted to make my own album for the trip hubby and I took down part of Route 66.  I found a complete set of how-to videos by Anna from Norway and I started working on my album.  I will admit that it was not easy.  Anna has a very heavy accent and often doesn't know the right English word to describe something.  And her album pages were black in the video which made it hard to see but I kept at it and for the most part followed her technique though now and then I just had to figure it out on my own.  I got it done and to this day, this is one of my all time favorite albums.  I did put some of our photos in the album but still have more to add.  Perhaps that will become one of my Finish it Friday projects for this year.

One of my original blog posts on this was March 27, 2013 and here is a bit of what I had to say back then:

Whoo Hoo! I got the cover made and ON my Route 66 pages over the weekend!  I’m really, really, really liking the “hidden hinge” technique for making mini albums!  It’s made entirely of chipboard and cardstock!

This album has a ton of hidden pockets, fold-outs, and slide-outs and yet, with this type hinge and cover lies flat!  It’s a thick album as you can see from the page side view.  I’m not finished yet with the pages.  Have a few more decorative details I want to do.  A couple of places to fix from my goof ups while learning to attach the hidden hinge and cover, but those are just cosmetic fixes–nothing major.  Plus I’ll be making a bunch of tags and photo mats for it and then finally, I will add my Route 66 photos!


Below are a couple of photos of some of the finished pages.





This project was so much fun! What has been one of your favorite crafting projects?


Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts