Disney B2B Project, Album #1 For Finish It Friday


Hello crafty peeps! It's a wonderful RAINY Friday here in North Texas!  I love rainy days for three reasons:

  1. Lots of rain can help fill up our lakes so there will be water in them for our summer boating, fishing and swimming enjoyment! Many of our lakes are very low, 20+ feet below normal levels.

  2. Rain this time of year can mean that we will have a beautiful show of wildflowers including our stunning Texas Bluebonnets!

  3. The office for our construction business is very S L O W and I can spend the day crafting!

So for this Friday, I've worked on my B2B (Back to Basics) album project that I started over a year ago!  The storage box is finished but the three mini albums that go inside the box still need quite a bit of work done on them.  That's why I chose this as my current Finish it Friday project!  This is a Kathy Orta of Paper Phenomenon design and you can purchase the tutorial with videos on her website!  Click >HERE< for the link up to this tutorial on her site.

Today, I finally pulled out the storage box with all the leftover papers, full paper sheets and embellishments that I wanted to use on this project!  In that box I also found the copy of the tutorial that I'd printed up.


I decided to go through album #1 and see what odds and ends needed done to finish it up 100%.  All the pages were covered with patterned paper and all the inserts were done too.  I just needed to add a few more cute embellishments and tie string on the tags.

In the photo below, I glued on the "So Much Fun" tag at an angle (just on two sides) to create a little pocket.  I then added that cute red Mickey Mouse epoxy type sticker.  A booklet tucks into the side pocket and underneath the "So Much Fun" pocket.




Next I added this Minnie Mouse sticker set with the adorable "bumble bees" and also added the clear acrylic "Minnie Mouse" sticker.




For the front of the next page/pocket I added Donald Duck.  I loved how he had his arms crossed like he was so tired of waiting in line and then I added the sticker "Totally Worth the Wait!"  This cut out and pieced Donald Duck was made for me by my dear friend and Sisterchick, Pamela from Tennessee.  I've had this in my stash for many years, waiting for the right time to use it.  I think this book was where it needed to go!  Isn't he just adorable?!!


Here are some of the tags that I tied string on to.  I used red & white Baker's Twine for this album.




Since I used the Donald Duck piece that Pamela made for me, I decided to also use the Goofy that she made.  He is so cute and went perfectly with the small "Just Having a Little Fun!" pocket. I attached him to a white tag so he could be sticking out of the pocket.




And that's what I've accomplished on this Friday and it's still raining!  I think I'll go back upstairs and do a few more things on Album #2.  I'm happy to report that Album #1 is totally completed!  I also hope to work on a recipe album that I'm designing.

I know that days and days of rain can get a bit tiresome but I remind myself why we need it and happily go upstairs to craft.  What do you do on rainy days?  I also love to read and take naps! Regardless of what you've decided to do, I hope you have an awesome day!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts