Betsy's Couture for What's Happening Wednesday


Well, hello Wednesday!  April 15th--TAX DAY! I'm happy to say that my taxes have been done and paid for several weeks so no stressing here at our house!  I hope you get to enjoy the day rather than worrying about  your income taxes  here in the USA.

For today's What's Happening Wednesday post, I'm sharing a quick photo of my work desk.  I'm still working on the mini album with product from Flossie Scrapper in Joshua, Texas.  This is the beautiful Kaisercraft Betsy's Couture collection which is perfect for family and heritage photos!  I've constructed the mini album out of chipboard and used black cardstock for the pages and flaps.  The cover measures 8.5" x 8.5" and the pages are 8" square.  A really good size for a "mini" album.  There will be several magnet closures in this album once I get all the decorative papers cut and permanently attached down.  To make sure I have enough of the pretty paper for each page, I'm pre-cutting and affixing the papers into the album with temporary glue. That way I can move them around if I decide that a certain pattern will look better with another.  I will also be adding lots of ephemera and pretty embellishments.  I have the cover all planned out and I think it's going to be fabulous! Once this is all done, there will be a flip through video to showcase it for Flossie Scrapper.

This is a close up of one of the flaps with the image of the lady as the closure.  I will most likely mat this on black cardstock to make it sturdier and punch the corners of the cardstock with a pretty decorative punch.  This will have a magnetic closure to keep the flap closed inside the album.


I've been working a bit slower on this project than I'd hoped but I'm still shooting to get it done by this weekend.  We'll see.  Today I have to work in the office but if I can finish up early I'll be crafting away this afternoon!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts