Time for a Chick Party!


Well hello Monday!  And hello crafty peeps!  This afternoon I made a card for no other reason but  to play with the Chameleon alcohol ink pens again! Do I need a chick party card? No.  However, I love this image and since I had it printed up, I colored it!  I know it's been a bit quiet here on the blog for the last few days.  I blame it on the rains and super storms we've been having!  Lucky for us here where we live (so far) we've not had high wind, nor hail, nor a tornado but we have had rain, lots and lots of rain and lightning (which means computer and internet shut down STAT!)  So yeah, I'm blaming my lack of blogging on the weather.  You should see our back yard.  There's a river back there! Not complaining though as our lakes still need more rain to recover and get back up to normal levels.

So, I made this card in less than 5 minutes.  That's not counting the coloring though it did not take very long either. A simple image and I used only a few colors.  The designer paper I used is from an Authentique 6x6 pad called "Carefree." How appropriate for this image!  Here's a tidbit about my 6x6 paper pads:  I've had many of them for several years. Back when I was making lots of cards for Operation Write Home I bought every pad I saw.  Even if I didn't like it, because I might need it.  So now when I'm making a card I try to use papers from those many, many pads.  I only needed two sheets for this card.  Must do better and use more next time. Ha, ha.  I also added a bit of fun Washi tape to carry out the celebration theme going on in that image.  This is a digital image that I purchased at From the Heart Stamps.

And now a bit about what I did not blog about---on Friday I had hopes of working on my last and final Back to Basics Disney album for Finish It Friday.  It didn't happen so no blog post about that.  I did spend the weekend crafting and I had hoped to do a Sneak Peek post on Sunday but didn't take any photos. So here I am today with this card.  I like it. Quick and Simple.  Tomorrow I've already got plans to share a tip on organizing your Hug Snug Ribbon Rolls (if you buy it by the roll)--make sure you check back in the morning!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts